Starborough Sauvignon Blanc Tasting

 


Name: Starborough

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: Marlborough

Country: New Zealand

Year: 2022

Price: $11.00


Winery Review: According to drizzly.com, this particular wine has an overall rating of 4.7/5. Most of the reviews state that the wine is "refreshing and delicious," "light crisp, perfect for a summer day," and "solid drinkable everyday white." Controversially, some reviews stated that it tasted "cheap" or that it is "too sweet." 

Personal Review: At first glance this bottle was very intriguing to me. I have never tried a wine from New Zealand and I have been a fan of sauvignon blanc recently! The first taste I got from this wine was grass. I have never had a wine taste like this before. I was very vegetal with a hint of sour apple. It was not as dry as I had expected and it was certainly lighter on the palate. It was much better chilled (as most whites are) and it was not too warm going down the throat. If I had to describe this wine in one word I would say it is very earthy. I do not think I would get this wine again. According to the wine folly flavor profiles of white wines, sauvignon blanc is very expressive in herbal/green and least expressive in floral, bitterness and tropical fruit which all held try to this specific sauvignon blanc. 


Comments

Popular Posts